ORISSA TRIBAL EMPOWERMENT & LIVELIHOOD PROGRAMME (OTELP) Programme Goal Empowering the tribals and enabling them to enhance their food security, to increase their income and improve overall quality of their livelihood. PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES Building capacity of the communities Enhance access & productivity of land, water & Forests Encourage off farm enterprise Ensure food security Strengthen institutional capacity of Govt. agencies & others. Build on indigenous knowledge and blend with technological innovations Encourage development of pro-tribal environment Programme Area Programme will be implemented in 3 phases in 30 of the most backward blocks in 7 districts of Orissa over 10 years. Phases: Inception (upto 1yr); Pilot (1-3): 10 blocks testing; Up scaling (4-7): 11 to 30; Consolidation: (8-10) Coverage: 17 lakh (3.8 lakh household) in 1080 natural villages; Direct Benefit to 75,000 family, 73% SC/ST Criteria: Majority of household below poverty line At least 60% SC-ST; equitable Watersheds having combination of more than 40% wastelands and less 40% of wastelands with Watersheds having less than 40% of wastelands and located in lower reaches. 12 micro-watersheds/block (360 total) District ITDAs Block Gajapati Paralakhemundi Rayagada (Phase –I) Gumma (Phase –I) Nuagada (Phase –I) Mohana R.Udayagiri Kalahandi Thuamul Rampur Thuamula Rampur (Phase –I) Lanjigarh (Phase –I) Koraput Koraput Narayanpatna (Phase –I) Bandhugaon (Phase –I) Laxmipur (Phase –I) Dasamantpur Pattangi Semilguda Nandapur Kandhamal Baliguda Baliguda Kotagarh (Phase –I) Daringibaidi Tumudibandha (Phase –I) Nuagaon Rayagada Gunpur Kashipur Gudari Chandrapur Bissamcuttack Muniguda Malkangiri Malkangiri Khudumulugma Mathili Khairput Nawarangpur Nawarangpur Kosagamuda Jharigaon Papadahandi Programme Area Selection and Targeting Participatory survey has identified the programme blocks through a sample survey based on the following indicators Demographic (especially not less than 60% of total population in the area are from SC_ST category): 73% are SC-ST in programme area Welfare indicators (various poverty indicators and access indicators) 63% are poor and 17% are very poor in programme area Vulnerability indicators (food security, migration, displacement) 5% have access to PDS and 70% of children are mal-nourished; 50% of the population have suffered some forms of displacement Programme Components Capacity Building: Supporting NGOs in community mobilization, awareness about rights and duties, participatory planning and strengthening CBOs Livelihood Enhancement: Land and water management, Forest & NTFP enterprises, Increase in agri productivity, SHG & micro-finance, development of community based economic & social infrastructure Support For Policy Initiatives: Legal defense fund for land restoration, operational costs for detection and disposal of land alienation costs, funds for survey &n settlement (100 to 300 slope) Development Initiative Fund A flexible fund for good ideas Programme Management Food handling F N G O District FNGO Name Address Representative Name Koraput CYSD CYSD , Near Medical .Laxmipur Sri Profulla Maharana Nabarangpur IRDMS Near Veterinary, Papdahandi, Nabarangpur Sri Ajit Kumar Panda Nabarangpur IYSARA Nanda Colony, Jharigaon, Nabarangpur Sri Gajendra Kumar Das Kandhamal FNGO Name Representative Block Email CPSW R.K.Panda Daringibadi cpsw@rediffmail.com JAGRUTI Kailash Danpat Kotagarh PRADAN Amulya Kumar Khandai Balliguda balliguda@pradan.net PRADATA Pradeep Kumar dash Tumudibandha prdataorissa_1986@yahoo.co.in SWADESI Prafulla Kumar Mohanty K.Nuagaon Koraput FNGO Name Representative Block Email CYSD Sri Profulla Maharana Laxmipur cysd.laxmipur@otelp.org CYSD Sri. Prafulla Maharana Dasamantapur cysd.laxmipur@otelp.org LAVS Sri. Rameswar Sahu Pottangi lavs.patangi@otelp.org RASS Sri. Tirupati Padhy Bandhugaon rass.bandhugaon@otelp.org TSRD Sri. R.N.Das Nandapur tsrd.nandapur@otelp.org VIKASH Sri. B.P. Sahu Narayanpatna vikas.narayanpatna@otelp.org Malkangiri FNGO Name Representative Block Email HARMONY Durga Prasdad Tripathy Khairput durgaharmony@rediffmail.com ODC Ashwani Kumar Tripathy Mathli odcngo@hotmail.com PARIVARTAN Nityananda Pradhan Kudumuluguma parivarttan@yahoo.co.in Nabarangpur FNGO Name Representative Block Email IRDMS Sri Ajit Kumar Panda Papdahandi irdms_nab@rediffmail.com IYSARA Sri Gajendra Kumar Das Jharigaon iysara_nbp@rediffmail.com RCDC Sri Saroj Dash Kosagumuda ngr.rcdc@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment